Thread: Scuffs In Mirror

Post Thanks / Like

Scuffs In Mirror

Hello -

My name is Ed and this is my first post. I have made several purchases though and enjoy the ceramics and other products I use on my vehicles. I am 59 and seasoned in the detailing arena, so I usually can solve most of my problems on my own, however, I'm looking for some advice on this specific issue I have created.

I recently installed some minor mods to my side mirrors on the vehicle in question, and although the installation was a success, I wound up leaving a few scuffs in my passenger side mirror glass installing it back into its housing. My question, is there a product here that I can use to polish these small scuffs out without damaging the mirror (glass) further? I've already priced the replacement glass at $169.00, and I'd rather try and fix it before purchasing another glass.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Ed Hanson; 09-07-2022 at 01:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My only thoughts are the CARPRO CeriGlass Polish Kit

If you have a Rupes iBrid Nano then you could use a small backing plate (possibly 1") and cut down a CARPRO Glass Rayon Polishing Pad to fit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    My only thoughts are the CARPRO CeriGlass Polish Kit

If you have a Rupes iBrid Nano then you could use a small backing plate (possibly 1") and cut down a CARPRO Glass Rayon Polishing Pad to fit.
    Hey Merlin, thanks for the response. I just got through fixing it and came in here and saw your response. I was getting ready to post a "Disregard" reply. I was planning on doing just what you described. I do have the iBrid Nano Polisher and I was getting ready to fire it up when I thought, maybe I'll try this instead and see what happens. I got some of my Essence and a microfiber rag and rubbed the snot out of the affected area with my finger. There were three small spots where I bumped the mirror against something that left abrasions. These scratches were very light and I thought, maybe some Essence with a good finger rub might get them out. Well, low and behold, the scuffs came out with no side effects. I was pleasantly surprised. I was dreading pulling the mirror back out of its housing, and it turned out I didn't have to do that.

Again, thanks for your response and I'm glad what I did, worked. Learned something new about light mirror scuffs and what Essence can do without marring the glass. In all my 59 years, I've never had to fix scratches in mirror glass. Glad it worked.

CARPRO FOR THE WIN! ( and my finger)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Merlin - Thanks for your response. I had just finished fixing it and I walked into my office and saw your reply. I actually broke out the iBrid Nano to do the job, but I used Essence considering this was all I had on hand at this time. I thought I'd try it and see what result I get. However, I thought I'd try the least abrasive method first, and that was a microfiber towel with a bit of Essence and a good finger rub down. Well, low and behold, it worked. I rubbed the snot out of the three affected areas, small scuffs where I rubbed the mirror up against something, and everything came out clean and with no visual marking. I was pleasantly surprised. Saved me a little over $170.00.

CARPRO FOR THE WIN!
    (... and my finger)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hanson View Post
    Hey Merlin - Thanks for your response. I had just finished fixing it and I walked into my office and saw your reply. I actually broke out the iBrid Nano to do the job, but I used Essence considering this was all I had on hand at this time. I thought I'd try it and see what result I get. However, I thought I'd try the least abrasive method first, and that was a microfiber towel with a bit of Essence and a good finger rub down. Well, low and behold, it worked. I rubbed the snot out of the three affected areas, small scuffs where I rubbed the mirror up against something, and everything came out clean and with no visual marking. I was pleasantly surprised. Saved me a little over $170.00.

CARPRO FOR THE WIN!
    (... and my finger)
    Essence, microfiber towel and a hot, soar finger for the Win!
    Gotta love Essence!!! Goog Job!