Thread: Question on how to remove this mark

Post Thanks / Like

Question on how to remove this mark

Wondering if anyone has any way to remove this mark from the console. This is from a suction cup phone mount from the previous owner. It is not rough or stuck out at all (you can’t feel anything when you run your hand over it). Any tips on how to remove it? Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    What have you tried so far? If you haven't tried anything, I would start with a dedicated interior cleaner such as Carpro Inside. If that doesn't work, I would try using an APC such as MultiX on a weak dilution and start working your way to stronger dilutions. If that doesn't work, I have heard of people using various solvents. Your getting into risky territory at that point. I would only go that far if I was planning to replace the console if nothing else got the mark out. Even if the interior cleaner or APC didn't completely remove the mark, I have to think they would at least lessen it if that makes sense. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by BrentinLouisville; 01-27-2023 at 01:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try some white vinegar. If it does not remove the mark at least no harm will be done. I’m guessing it’s some water residue that accumulated under the suction cup. Another possibility is that it is rubber or silicone residue and possibly the vinegar will remove that also. The smell will go away in a few days.
    The Devil is in the Details.

Post Thanks / Like
    If the mark is on the dashboard of your car near the stereo, it's possible that it could be on a plastic or vinyl surface. Here are a few suggestions for removing the mark:

Use a mixture of baking soda and water: Create a paste by mixing baking soda and water, then apply it to the mark with a soft cloth. Gently rub the area in a circular motion, then wipe away the paste with a clean, damp cloth.

Try rubbing alcohol: Apply rubbing alcohol to a soft cloth and rub the mark gently in a circular motion. Be sure to test the alcohol on an inconspicuous area first to ensure it doesn't damage the surface.

Use a specialized cleaner: Look for a cleaner specifically designed for cleaning car dashboards or plastic surfaces. Apply the cleaner to a soft cloth and rub the mark gently in a circular motion. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions.

Cover the mark: If the above solutions don't work, you can try covering the mark with a dash cover or a non-slip mat. This won't remove the mark, but it will make it less noticeable.

Remember to be gentle when cleaning the dashboard, as harsh chemicals or abrasive materials could damage the surface.