Thread: Touch up/correct CQuartz a few years later?

Post Thanks / Like

Touch up/correct CQuartz a few years later?

I applied CQuartz 4+ years ago to my babied 2019 Mustang and have religiously followed recommended practices to maintain the coating - it still looks great!
    In my original application I must have goofed as there is a greasy/oily spot right by the driver’s side door handle. The spot has been there really since the first application (took me a few days to notice it.
    The lack of perfection has been bugging me ever since. I’m guessing I grabbed at the handle to catch myself after losing balance (actually, I’m sure that’s what caused it).
    Anyway, I’m sick of looking at it. What is the best way to fix it? Is there a spot fix I should try (and if so, what is it), or should I do the entire panel?
    Of course, I could redo the entire car but it doesn’t seem necessary.
    Thanks - my original decision to use CarPro and follow the process has really paid off.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a high spot. Spot correcting will leave that one section darker. It would be best to polish the entire panel and re-coat.

3. Likes Merlin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, sir

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RickBetterley View Post
    a greasy/oily spot right by the driver’s side door handle
    Many times I have been able to polish and reapply CQuartz to a "spot" to correct a high spot etc.

Depending on what CQuartz coating you applied and environment ( garage kept etc.) it may be approaching End-Of-Life.
    In that case, I would suggest a light fine polish to remove any remaining CQuartz and reapply to entire vehicle.