Thread: Remove spray coating

Post Thanks / Like

Remove spray coating

I used spray coating to protect my car from scratches but now the coating won't come off I applied it generously because it says 'removable' but I can't clean it with standard car soap and sponge. Attaching pictures of the product. Please let me know how can I clean it from my car without damaging the original paint PXL_20230527_013919275.jpgPXL_20230527_013907553.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaaccord2019 View Post
    I used spray coating to protect my car from scratches but now the coating won't come off
    What was it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    What was it?
    "Parkside removable spray coating" Please see the picture in my first message.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Parkside removable spray coating" Please see the picture in my first message.
    I’ve never heard of that.
    I’m not sure of removal.
    It may need to be polished off.
    I’d contact the manufacturer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I’ve never heard of that.
    I’m not sure of removal.
    It may need to be polished off.
    I’d contact the manufacturer.
    Are there any solvants you can recommend that I could try and are safe for the car paint?

Post Thanks / Like
    Are there any solvants you can recommend that I could try and are safe for the car paint?
    The manufacturer would be my suggestion.

Post Thanks / Like
    You'll need isopropyl alcohol, a microfiber cloth or sponge, a bucket of warm water, and a gentle car shampoo.
    Mix equal parts of isopropyl alcohol and water in a separate container. This solution will help break down the spray coating.
    Rinse your car with water to remove any loose dirt or debris. Wash with car shampoo.
    Dip your microfiber cloth or sponge into the diluted isopropyl alcohol solution and gently rub it over the areas with the spray coating. Be cautious not to scrub too hard, as this could damage the underlying paint.
    Rinse and repeat: After applying the solution, rinse the car thoroughly with water. If the spray coating is still present, repeat the process until it starts to come off.
    Always test any cleaning solution on a small, inconspicuous area first to ensure it doesn't harm the original paint.
    Good luck with the removal process!