Thread: Minimum Effort, Maximum Effect?

Post Thanks / Like

Minimum Effort, Maximum Effect?

Aloha All!

I do not enjoy washing cars, unfortunately. I find it to be more a chore I have to get done than something I want to do. It's the contact part that I do not enjoy. I have a lot of back pain and pretty bad GERD. I just bought a new car and I really want to take proper care of it. I just got it detailed and some protections put on from Ceramic Pro: KAVACA tint, KAVACA PPF on the front end and Ultimate ION coating.

The idea behind getting the ceramic coating was to hopefully reduce the amount of effort/time it takes to properly care for my car. Since I've put a fair amount of $ into it now, I am willing to do the work to do it right, but I do want to do the minimum necessary for this. In other words, I am not an enthusiast who just wants to do it for fun, I want to do it right, but nothing that isn't important.

I was looking for info on how to do it right and so far the video I like best is this one. I already have a blower, pressure cleaner (1600 psi) and buckets with grit guards. I'd need to buy the pump sprayer, foam cannon and chemicals. I've broken down the video into what I see as (10) steps to do a proper cleaning. I also didn't want to buy a bunch of different chemicals from different sites/manufacturers, so I did more research and it seems like I can get everything from CARPRO. Below I've listed the steps, application methods and the CARPRO product (along with others he mentions for comparison, to verify I have the correct CARPRO product).

My hope is to be able to do a contactless wash most of the time. If/when it gets really first, I can use a 2 bucket method to do the wash (step 6) when it's necessary, but I otherwise want to keep it as quick/effortless as possible. I'll also get 4 separate bottles with caps for the foam cannon so I can easily switch chemicals and rinse. What do you all think? Do I have the right CARPRO products for each step?

1) Prerinse & Rinse
    Use Goizper iK Multi PRO 2 Pump Sprayer to apply:
    CARPRO ECH20 (1:200 dilution)
    Optimum No Rise

2) Wheels & Tires: Clean & Rinse
    Use MTM Hydro PF22.2 foam cannon to apply:
    CARPRO MultiX (1:10 dilution)
    P&S - Break Buster

3) Paint: Prewash & Rinse
    CARPRO Lift (1:10 dilution)
    Adam's Mega Foam

4) Paint: Wash & Rinse
    CARPRO Reset (1:9 dilution)
    Gyeon Restart Wash

5) Paint/Glass/Wheels: Protection & Drying Aid
    CARPRO HydrO2 Foam (1:9 dilution)
    P&S Bead Maker

6) Dry
    Leaf blower

7) Glass
    Use microfiber cloth to apply:
    CARPRO Clarify
    Stoner Invisible Glass

8) Tire Shine & Protection
    Use Adam's Hex Grip Pro Applicator to apply:
    CARPRO DarkSide or Perl
    Chemical Guys VRP

9) Interior: Clean & Protect
    Use microfiber cloth to apply:
    CARPRO InnerQD
    Adam's Interior Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you considered exploring additional tools or methods to address your back pain and GERD during the car detailing process, given your desire for a contactless wash and concerns about physical strain?