Thread: CQUK 3.0 - second layer a week later?

Post Thanks / Like

Question CQUK 3.0 - second layer a week later?

I finally coated the last of my cars last weekend. By the time I applied the CQUK, I was tired and it was late and I didn't get the whole car done in 60min or less. I parked the car back in the garage and it's been there ever since.

I have plenty of CQUK left. I was thinking of adding another layer because why not? Curious if it will stick since the first layer has already cured. Is it worth applying tomorrow or no?

Post Thanks / Like
    Give it a good wash with reset, eraser wipe down and then add the second layer.

Post Thanks / Like
    It can be applied, but the effectiveness of the second layer will be limited. Once the first coat of CQUK has fully cured, subsequent coats will not adhere as effectively to the surface. But, in any case, it will be better than not applying it at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonyGurt View Post
    It can be applied, but the effectiveness of the second layer will be limited. Once the first coat of CQUK has fully cured, subsequent coats will not adhere as effectively to the surface. But, in any case, it will be better than not applying it at all.
    For decades when using polymer sealants, we were always told to allow the first coat of polymer sealant to fully cure before applying a second coat otherwise the solvents in the second coat would essentially remove the first coating. Interesting that for ceramic coatings, allowing them to fully cure will actually degrade the process.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the advice, everyone. didn't get around to it this weekend. next weekend's project!

Post Thanks / Like
    Second coat applied! I topped it with Reload and tucked the car back into the garage.

Since it's a garage queen, should I add a topper like Elixir, Hydro2, or simply Echo2?

Post Thanks / Like
    It does not need a topper if it is going to sit in the garage. Wait until the first wash and you can use any of those products.