Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IR Curing Lamps

Certified Finest Installer RaskyR1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CH.Detailing View Post
    Chad, would you be able to mount a second lamp on that post? I'm thinking I might get three of those lamps to put two of them on the supplied post and then somehow modify a boom swing arm off the top with a heavier base. Should still take 120V and be cheaper than the 2002 even with paying somehow to fabricate a stand.
    They actually list a model that has two lamps mounted to the same setup as the 1615.
    http://infratech-usa.com/automotive/...odel-sru-3215/

It would be pretty top heavy with a boom extending out so I'd want it to be over engineered if anything. My other issue right now is that the legs on the lamp hit my lift when I try to get it close in for to cure the roof and hood.

If I have some free time next week I can model up a few different designs in CAD. I was playing around the other day for something else I'd like to make and I can use a lot of the same parts to go off of.

Certified Finest Installer Dr_Pain's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Would this be of benefit to me,as I keep the cars overnight?
    From the conversation we had with Corey, it seems that if you "speed cure" the coating with a IR lamp in the first 3-4 hrs after coating that it actually cures HARDER!!, so my answer to you would be yes! You can accomplish the same by putting the car in the sun but I've had the hardest time with this crazy weather to do that. I will still keep the car overnight and will release after final inspection the next day. I just want a BAKED-ON coating for my clients (another marketing plus)

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz Finest Installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks!that is a good idea!

Post Thanks / Like
    Since I am not at all familiar with this process,where can I find info on the process?

Certified Finest Installer CH.Detailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pain View Post
    These stand extend from 6 feet to 10 feet so if you were to rig the curing lamp on the trust pointing vertically down you could easily get the hood and reposition (and extend) to get the roof and back down to the the trunk!?! Just trying to think about a cheaper alternative than to have a $2k machine. If you buy one for vertical and one for horizontal then you could hit all surface and even buying a trust setup you would be looking at $600ish? At 10 feet wide you might even be able to keep it in place and just inch the car forward. Just thinking out loud
    Ah, I understand now! I didn't realize that they went that high initially.
    Connor Harrison Detailing
    CQuartz Finest Installer for Madison, WI
    Inspection, Correction, Protection!

Certified Finest Installer CH.Detailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    They actually list a model that has two lamps mounted to the same setup as the 1615.
    http://infratech-usa.com/automotive/...odel-sru-3215/

It would be pretty top heavy with a boom extending out so I'd want it to be over engineered if anything. My other issue right now is that the legs on the lamp hit my lift when I try to get it close in for to cure the roof and hood.

If I have some free time next week I can model up a few different designs in CAD. I was playing around the other day for something else I'd like to make and I can use a lot of the same parts to go off of.

The gears are turning! I like it. There is a metal fab shop literally within the same building as my shop, so if you can draw it I'm sure he can weld it!
    Connor Harrison Detailing
    CQuartz Finest Installer for Madison, WI
    Inspection, Correction, Protection!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Since I am not at all familiar with this process,where can I find info on the process?
    Each manufacturer may or may not have recommendations based on the products, solvent and catalysts they use in their product. From what I have read, CQuartz curing is the "best" if you can heat the panel to 170 degrees for about 10 minutes (within the first 3-4hrs of coating). This can be achieved by coating and exposing to the sun (on a hot day) but now that we are getting into colder temp ranges (or in my case rainy season) I think it is a good idea if you do a few coatings a year to have an IR lamp. This will assure you of the "best" results.

Don't get me wrong, it does not mean that because you don't have a heat source that you won't get good results, but to achieve "best", you need the optimal environment for curing. If you only coat one car a year or only plan on coating your car then it may not be worth the investment. It may be best to plan on coating on a perfect day or you can use a heat gun and take your time (make sure to have a IR temperature gun to reach optimal temp and not burn your paint or trim).

I was recently asked to test and review the new Gloss Coat and as such took the opportunity to ask if they had tech info on curing with IR lamp, and was told that it just speeds the curing process but they did not know anything beyond that. That is why I LOVE CarPro!!!!

Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz Finest Installer

Certified Finest Installer
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK fellas, this is going off track...who's in and who's out for the IR lamps?

Post Thanks / Like

1615HT x1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the help!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast