Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oily film after applying car pro reload (2014 Formula)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ivan, i think you are the same guy i answered on AG forum,

i wrote there what i think the reason for your problem, i think too thin spray cover,
    need to spray well over the surface then 1 mf wiping it on , and second mf wipe it off, wiping off step very important, MF need to be soft and great cleaning ability as our BOA MF.

here is another video we did quickly few days ago to show how it done , under direct sun and hot surface even : sorry for the bad quality.

http://youtu.be/KWVIj9BeLBE

Certified Finest Installer Dr_Pain's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know you were doing a TEST for our benefit, and over applied to prove the point....... but MAN THAT'S A LOT OF PRODUCT!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz Finest Installer

ChrisDA
    The first time I used 2014 it smeared, it's because I wasn't putting enough product on and applying it like the older version. After spraying more on, evenly, it came out just fine... however I'm certainly more than happy to use the older version I still have left before opening the 5 litres of 2014 I have.
    Last edited by ChrisDA; 09-29-2014 at 11:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this is going to sound like "the fly in the ointment", "the monkey in the wrench" as Bruce Willis would say, and these frank comments might even get me banned from here................ Sorry folks, I am fair, but I am hard.

From what I've seen, and tested so far, Reload is not impressing me. I grossly over-applied it today, and this contradicts all of what many of you are saying, a lack of applying enough. Well, I surely applied enough without a doubt this morning.

Then came behind with more clean MF Towels, not crap either, and applied 2 different Detailer Sprays to try removing this slight oily film. No dice.

I'm 59 years old, I've might've been detailing when many here were still twinkles in their old man's eyes, and I have always kept what works, and chucked what doesn't.

And I'm concluding, somehow, this new Reload is NOT ready for prime time IMO, it lacks, it has shortcomings which just ain't cutting it, and I believe there's a improper formula which is causing such oily issues.

I conclude, "Do I really need Reload as a product"? I'm thinking no, I don't need it.

Whether there's some official "recall" or not on the product, I think I'm going to call Autogeek tomorrow, tell them I'm dissatisfied with this product, and ask for a call tag, and a total refund for 1 litre of Reload.

Those that aren't happy might wish to do the same.

I am concluding again, this product just is not cutting it as a topper over CQuartz. That Chemists again need to go back to the drawing board.

Sorry Corey, and all you folks, I'm not feeling 100% impressed with it.
    Mark
    Last edited by Mark; 09-29-2014 at 11:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I just watched this last recent vid posted. And no, I didn't go to that extreme extent to grossly over-apply the product to prove some point. That such is nothing but an over-waste of expensive product, and most of us don't have bottomless pockets, or free product walking through the door to waste.

But I did certainly apply quite enough for my test.

Now, what I'd like you gentlemen to try, is come back in 15 minutes, and try writing your name in the finish with your finger?

Like Ivan, this was what I seen, a slight oily smearing of product. Does this smearing finally dissipate-leave the finish? How long does it hang around? Not looking that easy to remove to me, when two different detailer sprays wouldn't budge this oily smearing.

I didn't see any smearing of the old formula, but much of it was applied to a white clear coat, and didn't really see any excess on brand new chrome wheels.
    Last edited by Mark; 09-29-2014 at 11:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope nobody's coming away from reading my writings, thinking like I have some guillotine for the folks at Carpro, quite the contrary.

Wish I found Carpro 2 years ago, as I would've saved many $100's of dollars on lesser products I bought, and 90% could actually see the trash can, or be given away after using some of Carpro's products, I like them that much!

Crazy as it may sound, I might try some real oddball experiments in the near future just for the heck of it.
    Combining modern cutting edge Nano-Technology, with Old School. Has been done before by many with other products, so why not this?

How about topping CQuartz-UK, with Collinite #845? Or WGDGPS 3.0? Crazy yes, maybe I'll lose some inherit specific qualities of the Quartz Nano-Coating such as shrugging water and dirts, and a bit of Pearl-Like Beading.

Will such toppings really hurt-effect the protection, scratch resistance, and longevity of CQuartz? I'm sort of strongly doubting it.
    Last edited by Mark; 09-29-2014 at 11:58 PM.

Certified Finest Installer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used the new version today and found the hard way, that is not like the old version in term of applying less product. It needs lot of product. If durability is increase its great. But one of the key features of Reload that I like was, that very little product was use, and the excellent durability that it provided. Need to do more cars to learn more about this new version.
    Andres Bravo
    CarPro Puerto Rico
    Microfiber Madness Puerto Rico
    www.elitedetailingpr.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andres Bravo View Post
    I used the new version today and found the hard way, that is not like the old version in term of applying less product. It needs lot of product. If durability is increase its great. But one of the key features of Reload that I like was, that very little product was use, and the excellent durability that it provided. Need to do more cars to learn more about this new version.
    Well I haven't used Reload yet as just had the wife's new Outback done with CQFinest about 2 weeks ago. I did get some of the New and Improved 2014 Reload so I can apply it every couple of months or so. From what I'm reading I'm not sure what's new and improved if you have to use allot more product then the older version. I guess I'll have to form my own opinion when I use it. Just hope that you don't have to apply the product as heavy as some are saying for the price you pay for it.

ChrisDA
    I think diluting the newer version might solve this... That way you get the same spread as you have more liquid with the product in it, yet you are using less product like the older version. I'm going to have to test my theory.

Certified Finest Installer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDA View Post
    I think diluting the newer version might solve this... That way you get the same spread as you have more liquid with the product in it, yet you are using less product like the older version. I'm going to have to test my theory.
    I am thinking the same thing. I diluted 1:1 and it help using the same technic of the old version. It help the streaks. Tomorrow will do more tests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Andres Bravo
    CarPro Puerto Rico
    Microfiber Madness Puerto Rico
    www.elitedetailingpr.com

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast