Thread: Scholl S3 and Spider Pad

ChrisDA

Scholl S3 and Spider Pad

Well I've most certainly been set in my ways using Meg's MF pads and Menzerna FG400 as my go-to's on my Rupes. Then Corey came along and bullied my (well not quite) into trying to the Scholl S3 Gold Polish and the white Scholl Spider Pad.

These products are offered by Scholl to be a 1 step replacement for a 3 step polish, they are also suppose to be specially designed so that the pads don't get hot... so I thought I'd give them a try.

I have to say I was blown away. The Scholl Spider pad feels super stiff at first and I thought there was no way I would be able to use it on curves. However once you start using it, it start to soften up. This black S550 was sitting in the baking sun for hours and the paint was almost too hot to touch. I did about 6 passes on this paint and felt the pad and it was completely cool, I was shocked! There also was WAY less dusting than anything I've seen in these temps and the results for a 1 step just speak for themselves..

I immediately came back inside after doing half of the hood and ordered a ton more from CarPro-US.com

After this pic I went over it 1 more time with the orange Spider Pad with the same S3 polish.
    Last edited by ChrisDA; 06-05-2014 at 07:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone use s3 on rupes pads?

Certified Finest Installer CH.Detailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm using S3 Gold on a new variant of the LC orange pad. S3 has been a favorite of mine for a couple years now, it's a fantastic time saver when you need a good amount of cut and excellent finish. Can't say enough for the workability of the product either, very easy to use.

Certified Finest Installer Detail2Correction's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a die hard Meg's MF fan especially on the Rupes. I just picked up a Spider pad to test it out. I didn't buy any new compounds as I'm happy with what I'm using but it's obvious the spider/S3 combo is awesome.
    Detail 2 Correction
    Professional paint correction, detailing and coatings

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Chris! This combo blew me away from my first use as well.... My reaction was similar I bought a lot more! Lol

Certified Finest Installer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome combination!!! I was stun the first time I touch the pad, super stiff pad; know I love the pad, want to tried the Spider finishing pad.
    Andres Bravo
    CarPro Puerto Rico
    Microfiber Madness Puerto Rico
    www.elitedetailingpr.com