Thread: Bird Crap and CQ Finest Issues

Post Thanks / Like

Bird Crap and CQ Finest Issues

Well the wife came home from work today and I went to the garage to change out some lug nuts on her car and noticed some bird crap on the right hand quarter panel. Got a mf towel with some water and wiped it off. That's when I noticed that it appeared that 2 small spots of the Finest seem to have been etched by the bird crap. I tried polishing it out lightly with some Reflect to no avail. I didn't want to rub any harder as didn't want to take a chance to remove the Finest. Anyway not sure what I can do. The spots are small and someone probably wouldn't notice them unless they tried to look for them. Problem is I know they are there and it will drive me crazy every time I was the car or I'm in that area. Seeing as this is a brand new car and the Finest is only about 3 weeks old I need to get it fixed.Not sure if it can be polished out and have Finest applied to that area. Haven't talked to the detailer who applied it as wanted to get some opinions. I've attached 2 photos of the area, it's the best picture I could get as they won't show up if taken straight on. IMG_1089 (1280x960).jpgIMG_1086 (1280x960).jpg. Any help or info you all could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mitch, first step is of course remove bird poo and neutralize area.

Second step is to leave it alone for a few days and usually the stain will disappear after the sun and oxygen disintegrate it from the surface.

That is what usually happens. If it did not its best to allow your Finest installer to examine it.

Next step would be a try with spotless.

Finally a light reflect polishing and if somehow that doesn't remove it then a re polish of the affected panel and re coat is the final solution.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Corey for the info. I'll take your advice see what happens. The weird thing is that it isn't really that stained but more of like that coating has be etched a little. I guess I'm having a hard time describing it and the pics I uploaded aren't the greatest. I'll see if I can get some better ones today to give you a better understanding of what I'm talking about. Thanks again for the help.