Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: IR Curing Lamps

Certified Finest Installer RaskyR1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MoeMistry View Post
    The spec sheets will have that info. The 1615 is 120 I believe and the big ones are 208 or 240 only
    I know, just thought it may be a good idea to list in case someone forgot to look at that.

Certified Finest Installer RaskyR1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My issue with the one I have is getting the whole hood or roof. Do any of these units extend far enough to reach the center of the roof? The description makes me think not...."Adjustable shock arm provides easy reach for curing hoods and roof lines"

Certified Finest Installer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CH.Detailing View Post
    I really like the S2002 but don't want the sensor on it. I believe the cheapest option listed can be found for around $160 elsewhere. I'll try and find the link.
    I believe the $160 model is 1500watts, the link for the model Moe posted is 2000watts. (1615 model)
    Last edited by rexrock; 09-18-2014 at 01:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Moe, thanks for the time and getting this rolling and thanks to each of you for your time and efforts in working together as always!

Certified Finest Installer CH.Detailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    My issue with the one I have is getting the whole hood or roof. Do any of these units extend far enough to reach the center of the roof? The description makes me think not...."Adjustable shock arm provides easy reach for curing hoods and roof lines"
    Chad, would you be able to mount a second lamp on that post? I'm thinking I might get three of those lamps to put two of them on the supplied post and then somehow modify a boom swing arm off the top with a heavier base. Should still take 120V and be cheaper than the 2002 even with paying somehow to fabricate a stand.
    Connor Harrison Detailing
    CQuartz Finest Installer for Madison, WI
    Inspection, Correction, Protection!

Certified Finest Installer Dr_Pain's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I wonder what the weight of the unit is!?! It would be interesting to see if we could set it up on a boom light stand!?

Boom light stand. I have this light stand setup with 2 LEDs. According to the manufacturer it has a 12 lbs load max though.

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz Finest Installer

Post Thanks / Like
    How about setting the IR lamp on a trust lighting system like this?

This one is the most affordable ones I could find (in a hurry). It is a hair above $125 shipped. 10 foot wide, adjustable from 6-10 foot with max weight capacity of 250#

Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz Finest Installer

Certified Finest Installer CH.Detailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    How are you thinking of arranging them on that, Claude? Just a wider setup for a quicker cure? Still would have the issue of getting the centers of roofs and hoods, no?
    Connor Harrison Detailing
    CQuartz Finest Installer for Madison, WI
    Inspection, Correction, Protection!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CH.Detailing View Post
    How are you thinking of arranging them on that, Claude? Just a wider setup for a quicker cure? Still would have the issue of getting the centers of roofs and hoods, no?
    These stand extend from 6 feet to 10 feet so if you were to rig the curing lamp on the trust pointing vertically down you could easily get the hood and reposition (and extend) to get the roof and back down to the the trunk!?! Just trying to think about a cheaper alternative than to have a $2k machine. If you buy one for vertical and one for horizontal then you could hit all surface and even buying a trust setup you would be looking at $600ish? At 10 feet wide you might even be able to keep it in place and just inch the car forward. Just thinking out loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Would this be of benefit to me,as I keep the cars overnight?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast