Thread: Sic and Reload

Post Thanks / Like

Sic and Reload

Hi, I can see Sic on the site and in the specifications it says:
    Do NOT top with Reload during initial installation. Reload can damage SIC if used in the first few days. SiC is very slick on is own and in fact more slick then Reload.
    I can't use any topper over Sic, even after 4 to 6 months of application? should I not use anything for maintenance?
    And if I use it, I lose the Sic properties ??
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dacdri View Post
    Hi, I can see Sic on the site and in the specifications it says:
    Do NOT top with Reload during initial installation. Reload can damage SIC if used in the first few days. SiC is very slick on is own and in fact more slick then Reload.
    I can't use any topper over Sic, even after 4 to 6 months of application? should I not use anything for maintenance?
    And if I use it, I lose the Sic properties ??
    thanks
    Hi Dacdri, I think I answered you also on Facebook very early this morning. It was something like this below:

Hi Davidson, you can use Reload after SiC after 4-6 months no problem. It will not decrease the slickness after that unless it sat in a garage without driving for 4-6 months as well… in that case it will still have the full slickness of Sic with no environmental damage to have take any of it off. We would not apply Reload until after fully cured as it is a waste of time and only takes away from the superior slickness that SiC provides on its own

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Hi Dacdri, I think I answered you also on Facebook very early this morning. It was something like this below:

Hi Davidson, you can use Reload after SiC after 4-6 months no problem. It will not decrease the slickness after that unless it sat in a garage without driving for 4-6 months as well… in that case it will still have the full slickness of Sic with no environmental damage to have take any of it off. We would not apply Reload until after fully cured as it is a waste of time and only takes away from the superior slickness that SiC provides on its own
    Hello yes you, replied no Facebook thank you very much for the feedback, have a nice day

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Corey, what would you suggest to use as a weekly drying aid after Essence and 2 coats of sic? Ech2o 1:15 or Elixir?

I love Sic, and the second coat goes on so easy it’s a dream. The beading literally made me chuckle the next time I washed the car.

Many thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman82 View Post
    Hi Corey, what would you suggest to use as a weekly drying aid after Essence and 2 coats of sic? Ech2o 1:15 or Elixir?

I love Sic, and the second coat goes on so easy it’s a dream. The beading literally made me chuckle the next time I washed the car.

Many thanks
    Weekly would be Ech2o. If you need protection later on then elixir.

And 1:20 for EcH20 or you will be coming back stating it’s streaky.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice one Guz cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice question you need an expert to rectify this problem Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey,

Really amazing and explains in depth to all the members. Keep up the good work for the betterment of the community and helps each other.

Regards: Sharp Detail Silver Spring
    Last edited by JhonaGramm; 07-29-2022 at 11:12 AM.