Thread: Use of Reload and Hydro2 Lite on cQuartz Finest Reserve

Post Thanks / Like

Use of Reload and Hydro2 Lite on cQuartz Finest Reserve

I am taking care of my partner's car,a red 2017 Subaru BRZ. I gifted her a professionally applied CarPro cQuartz Finest Reserve coating. I have several CarPro products which I use from time to time on my vehicle including Reload and Hydro2 Lite. Is there any value in applying both Reload and Hydro2 Lite to the Subaru or is that counter productive and I should use only one or the other (or indeed neither.

Forum members experience and advice is very welcome.

Thank you, Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree you don't need to use them together at the same time. It won't buy you anything. I am not the biggest reload fan as it does not last that long and tends to go flat after a couple washes masking the coating look look like it has failed. Hydro2 is nice and tends to have a little more lasting power but I don't like it as much either with its tendency to streak. My personal preference would be Elixir. That seems to perform better than both Reload and Hydro2 on dry paint and as a drying aid.

3. Thanks JeffK thanked this post
    Likes JeffK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm currently applying Reload once a month and Elixir after weekly wash. For me, this combo works well and keeps the paint slick and glossy. BTW, I use Hydr02 lite on my wheels and the look and maintenance is great.

Sorry, but out of curiosity, I gotta ask..... How about Beadmaker?
    Cheers,
    Don

5. Thanks JeffK thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dman68 View Post
    I'm currently applying Reload once a month and Elixir after weekly wash. For me, this combo works well and keeps the paint slick and glossy. BTW, I use Hydr02 lite on my wheels and the look and maintenance is great.

Sorry, but out of curiosity, I gotta ask..... How about Beadmaker?
    Thanks for input Don. That is useful to me.

I am in Australia and have been trialing various products from CarPro and Australian companies Bowden's Own and NV (formerly Concours). As I was curious I also tried Bead Maker and yes it performed well relative to the others, especially on top of Reload. I thought its longevity was competitive also which is not supported by a lot of internet commentary. I was rather surprised.

7. Likes dman68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Believe me, i'm a CarPro fanboy and love their products but I am also curious as to the performance of other brands as well. I was a wax guy for many years until I discovered CarPro products a couple years ago without turning back. All the hype over Bead Maker and pairing it with CarPro coatings, which I have on my vehicle, has got my curiousity up somewhat, while looking for the ultimate shine. I love Reload but is there better? If it is, then I gotta try it. I must say that, like Bead Maker, Reload, to my eyes, also seems to look better the next day, placebo maybe? IDK
    Cheers,
    Don

9. Thanks JeffK thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all for your responses, I have noted them and will consider them carefully. I think its the case that I won't use both together and I also appreciate the observations re Beadmaker and Elixir.

11. Likes dman68 liked this post