Thread: Attoney?

Post Thanks / Like

Attoney?

Any mobile car detailers out there have an attorney? Do I really need one?

I am trying to get a commercial contact drawn up. I have a few customers with small fleets. I'd like to Detail their vehicles once a month. I figured it would be best if I can get them to sign a contract and get them on a monthly subscription.

Am I better off just using Rocketlawyer.com?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have a few customers with small fleets then I wouldn't worry about getting "a commercial contract drawn up".
    It's probably not worth the time, energy, and paper it's written on. It's not worth spending money on an attorney.

Small customers...IMHO If they like your work...you will stay working for them.
    If not...the "commercial contract" won't make a difference. But that's just MHO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    If you have a few customers with small fleets then I wouldn't worry about getting "a commercial contract drawn up".
    It's probably not worth the time, energy, and paper it's written on. It's not worth spending money on an attorney.

Small customers...IMHO If they like your work...you will stay working for them.
    If not...the "commercial contract" won't make a difference. But that's just MHO.
    Ok thanks. What if I land a bigger commercial account?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a friend that does only dealerships. I believe he has/had 15-20 dealerships that he does.
    Dealerships are cheap.

He does a car when it arrives, once a week, and right before the buyer picks it up, for $50 for each car.
    He buys chemicals in 55-gallon drums and loads up the trucks with products and folks each morning.
    IIRC he signs them up, but sadly...If they don't want his services any longer he's pretty much gone.
    In this case, the paperwork protects the dealership from him raising his prices.
    If they don't want your services any longer then the only thing you can do is sue them.
    Good luck with that.

I wouldn't think it's worth the lawyer fee...but that's me.
    You do what you want...Let us know how it works out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by martyk13 View Post
    Ok thanks. What if I land a bigger commercial account?
    Then get one, as the commercial account holder will want you to sign their agreement.

6. Thanks martyk13 thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I have a friend that does only dealerships. I believe he has/had 15-20 dealerships that he does.
    Dealerships are cheap.

He does a car when it arrives, once a week, and right before the buyer picks it up, for $50 for each car.
    He buys chemicals in 55-gallon drums and loads up the trucks with products and folks each morning.
    IIRC he signs them up, but sadly...If they don't want his services any longer he's pretty much gone.
    In this case, the paperwork protects the dealership from him raising his prices.
    If they don't want your services any longer then the only thing you can do is sue them.
    Good luck with that.

I wouldn't think it's worth the lawyer fee...but that's me.
    You do what you want...Let us know how it works out.
    I am not interested in working with dealships. I am trying to get a local grocery store to have me detail the employees vehicles while they are working. Nothing fancy. Just a wash and vacuum. In that case I would think a billing agreement or contract would be necessary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by martyk13 View Post
    I am not interested in working with dealships. I am trying to get a local grocery store to have me detail the employees vehicles while they are working. Nothing fancy. Just a wash and vacuum. In that case I would think a billing agreement or contract would be necessary.
    Since your the payee, by all means get a contract signed.

9. Thanks martyk13 thanked this post