Thread: UK3.0/gliss vs UK3.0/TiO2

Post Thanks / Like

UK3.0/gliss vs UK3.0/TiO2

Looking for some conversation here. WARNING: This is for conversation and thought not arguments and my tests/observations are not scientific.

I have used both UK3.0 and the original TiO2 versions for a long time. The UK3.0 definitely seems harder than the TiO2 but once cured, not as slick. Once the applications cloths have cured from each, it is definitely more noticeable that the UK3.0 cures harder. However, once you top the UK3.0 with Gliss, the slickness is very comparable to the TiO2 (using bare feel, towel, and water) and you get the added benefit of the UK3.0 hardness underneath.

So I concocted my own hardness test. I took 2 4" suede applicator cloths and cut them in half to get 4 pieces. I then soaked each piece in UK3.0, TiO2, DLUX, and Gliss. The harness results here were about the same. UK3.0 and DLUX had a distinct harder cloth than the TiO2 but the Gliss had very little stiffness.

So, my question now for thoughts and comments are:

1) Could you put the tiO2 over UK3.0 and get increased harness over the Gliss on top of UK3.0? While not scientific, both combos seem close in slickness.
    2) Is there another scientific benefit of Gliss vs the TiO2 on top of UK3.0? With a bare hand, towel, and water test, I cannot see a discernible difference in the slickness of the UK3.0/Gliss combo vs the TiO2.
    3) will TiO2 not adhere to UK3.0 making this thread worthless?

Thoughts?
    Last edited by TrevinE; 09-24-2019 at 09:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bueller? Sure is quiet in here.

I have a car coming tomorrow so I will try it out myself. Will do the 2 coats of UK3.0 then half of the hood with tio2 and see if it bonds well and they play well together. If so, and no offense to gliss, I think I will use the tio2 as the topper of choice. Absent any scientific feedback, it feels as slick as gliss to me and I could not see where the water sheeting was any different either. I have used tio2 on cars with good result so I think it will just last longer but we shall see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Per Corey one one coat of CQUK topped with TiO2 is recommended. It bonds just fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Per Corey one one coat of CQUK topped with TiO2 is recommended. It bonds just fine.
    Guz, how much time we shall aloud after applying UK to apply Ti02?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JMVELA View Post
    Guz, how much time we shall aloud after applying UK to apply Ti02?
    Corey has mentioned 1 hour.

6. Likes JMVELA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Corey has mentioned 1 hour.
    Thanks Guz!!

8. Likes The Guz liked this post