Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to restore Dhydrate towel abosrbency?

Post Thanks / Like

How to restore Dhydrate towel abosrbency?

I made the mistake of not cleaning my detailing equipment right away so my Dhydrate towel sat in my empty bucket which some Elixir had been used as drying aid.

Now it seems it has cured or something and when I swipe my towel over it leaves water, before the water just vanished.

Does anyone have a method to restore the towel or do I need to purchases a new one?

Post Thanks / Like
    I invested in the rag company rag's to riches and it does a very good job at reviving towels soaking it in the bucket overnight and then washing them with more microfiber detergent.

3. Likes TheMidnightNarwhal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I invested in the rag company rag's to riches and it does a very good job at reviving towels soaking it in the bucket overnight and then washing them with more microfiber detergent.
    I was tring to avoid having to buy that (it was my last resort option) but hey if it's that great I guess it can replace my MicroRestore. I did try to soak it in it but it didn't do to much, think it helped minimally. I'll definitely try R2R.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try a stronger dilution with micro restore and soak it in a bucket to see if that helps. I have used up all of my micro restore and have switched to R2R.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Try a stronger dilution with micro restore and soak it in a bucket to see if that helps. I have used up all of my micro restore and have switched to R2R.
    I'll try it again then with a stronger dilution, but R2R is probably gonna be my new detergent anyways considering it actively prevents this over time to.

That's also what I had done, soaked it in micro restore overnight. But with just 1 oz now I did 4oz.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright micro restore didn't to much.

R2R definitely helped my towel after soaking and cleaning with it, the water I pour on the towel now soaks into it than beading and sliding off, I can absorb water much easier. Can't wait to try it on my next wash, if it's still not as good as new, I'll try another soak.

8. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is so wonderful of you for sharing the knowledge you have with everyone else. Your blog kept me hooked from the beginning till the end and the words you have chosen were easy to understand.
    Last edited by Merlin; 08-19-2022 at 01:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate you taking the time to discuss it since I have strong opinions regarding it and I want to find out more information about it. Could you perhaps add some details to the post you made on your blog? It will actually be to our collective advantage.
    Last edited by Merlin; 08-19-2022 at 01:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
    I made the mistake of not cleaning my detailing equipment right away so my Dhydrate towel sat in my empty bucket which some Elixir had been used as drying aid.

Now it seems it has cured or something and when I swipe my towel over it leaves water, before the water just vanished.

Does anyone have a method to restore the towel or do I need to purchases a new one?
    If it were me...I'd purchase a new towel and chalk it up yo lesson learned.
    For me it's not worth the risk. I'd rather purchase a new towel than polish marred paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    If it were me...I'd purchase a new towel and chalk it up yo lesson learned.
    For me it's not worth the risk. I'd rather purchase a new towel than polish marred paint.
    Ha funny you reply now I just received my last order of the big Dhydrate last week. I purchased a smaller Dhydrate shortly after these posts and compared and the big towel never truly came back to what it was. That said I didn't see any marring problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast