Thread: Ceramic Coatings

Post Thanks / Like

Ceramic Coatings

I just started looking into ceramic coatings and would like to add it to my current process for when I prep my cars in spring. Just finished with winter routine recently.

I see that there is Ceramic Coatings available for Paint, Glass, Chrome and Plastic trim.

If the use is just prepping the two maybe 3 cars that we own suggestions on each type of product? I put in a few that might work from looking around.

Paint - CQuartz UK 3.0 or CarPro Cquartz Ceramic Quartz

Glass -

Exterior Plastic - CQuartz Dlux

Wheels -

Can one product be used for multiple items from the list above?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Glass - Fy-By-Forte

Wheels - CQuartz UK 3.0 or CarPro Cquartz SIC Ceramic Quartz

Can one product be used for multiple items from the list above?
    ...Paint and Wheels

3. Likes The Guz, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post

Glass - Fy-By-Forte

...Paint and Wheels

Great info and thanks.
    ?
    What is the main difference between CQuartz UK 3.0 or CarPro Cquartz Ceramic Quartz?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post

Glass - Fy-By-Forte

...Paint and Wheels
    Pretty much covered it all.

Quote Originally Posted by chip_ View Post
    Great info and thanks.
    ?
    What is the main difference between CQuartz UK 3.0 or CarPro Cquartz Ceramic Quartz?
    TiO2 is being phased out for the new SiC coatings. Check out Sandro's video. He pretty much covers it.

Post Thanks / Like
    So are people going to start moving to Cquartz SiC 30ml instead of using Cquartz UK 3.0?

Post Thanks / Like
    UK is not going anywhere. Its proven to be a great coating. SiC is just another option just like TiO2 was.

Post Thanks / Like
    So with Glass and Fy-By-Forte

Any suggestions on proper prep of glass before applying the Forte?
    I see in the directions it says....Polish the glass with a compound such as CarPro ClearCut to clean it. Use Ceriglass if you wish to remove swirls but only if you are proficient in glass polishing.
    Clean surface free of polishing oil residue with CarPro Eraser.

With the Ceriglass it says use the glass polish pad (CarPro Glass Rayon Polishing Pad - 5") If you used the Clearcut which pad would you use with that?

I have seen other methods online besides what is listed above so just curious on the prep process.

Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot to mention that since you have DLUX you can use that for wheels as well or you can use whichever paint coating you choose. You may need to purchase the larger bottle of the paint coating to be sure you have enough to do the 4 wheels.

With regards to the glass, if you are trying to remove scratches then you want the ceriglass and glass pads. Just be aware that this is a lot of work and may not remove them. If you are just wanting to clean and prep the glass you can use a compound or polish with a polishing or cutting pad or by hand. Be sure to panel wipe the glass before applying any coating whether it is on paint or glass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I forgot to mention that since you have DLUX you can use that for wheels as well or you can use whichever paint coating you choose. You may need to purchase the larger bottle of the paint coating to be sure you have enough to do the 4 wheels.

With regards to the glass, if you are trying to remove scratches then you want the ceriglass and glass pads. Just be aware that this is a lot of work and may not remove them. If you are just wanting to clean and prep the glass you can use a compound or polish with a polishing or cutting pad or by hand. Be sure to panel wipe the glass before applying any coating whether it is on paint or glass.
    Great and thanks...