Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cloudy HydrO2

Post Thanks / Like

Cloudy HydrO2

Last week I bought 1 liter Carpro HydrO2 from Indonesian CarPro distributor, the item that I received has different color than my previously purchased 50ml HydrO2. It has cloudy green color and residue floating on top while my 50ml HydrO2 has clear green color and from HydrO2 pictures that I search in the internet show clear green color.

I already contacted Indonesian CarPro distributor right after I received my package and they said it because the bottle container, but I'm not really sure that's the case since my 50ml HydrO2 bottle has the same clear plastic bottle like the 1 liter bottle I received.

And I'm more suspicious after finding there's no expiration sticker on the bottom of the bottle, looks like they remove it since I can still see the glue residue from the sticker.

I own several Carpro products and all of them have expiration sticker on the bottom.

I already send message to CarPro through www.cquartz.com last week but I never hear from them.
    Is this product still safe to use?

Kindly appreciate your thought
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dabu; 02-12-2017 at 09:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The color is no issue, some batches were different on the color. The cloudiness I haven't seen but it will not harm the vehicle. Easy way to test it is use on one panel and rinse back off and you should find it works great. Try these tips also.

Hydro2 Tips: - use in shade

Rule #1 wash the car
    If it has wax or sealant use a soap that will kill that a bit. (Iron x and claying if needed)

Rule #2 rinse well and apply a fine mist of Hydro2 (diluted with at least 6 parts water minimum) to the wet / cool surface

- RINSE after that section which will be about 15 seconds from when you started (this basically means you break the car into 5-6 sections at a minimum.

NOTE: Rinse means you rinse everywhere the product did or may have landed or floated in the air or dripped onto.

Move to next section

That's it-

For instance if your spraying the passenger side and you see the wind is blowing away from you just go ahead and assume you will be rinsing all the horizontal surfaces to avoid tiny overspray dots.

So, you sprayed the passenger side, it's 20-35 seconds later or sooner if your really fast, you pick up the hose and turn it on. FIRST thing you do is spray off the roof and horizontals really fast to dilute any mist up there (takes 5 seconds to dilute it) and then get to the side you intended on. If you think your moving too slow then run a mist of water across the whole side and then rinse more thoroughly immediately after.

If your slow then break the car into 8 sections or even more if you want to be safe.

Glass: if the car was baking in the sun and the interior was 180F consider the fact the glass may be warm and you need to cool each panel a bit with running water before a fine mist of Hydro2 etc

Of course Dry the car when complete to avoid water spots

Post Thanks / Like
    Corey, thanks for the reply and tips.

I diluted my hydro2 for quick wax (1:8) and use it as drying aid. I'm pleased with the looks and protection.
    Hopefully my (looks like already expired) hydro2 still give same result.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm on my third bottle of Hydro2 and each time the product has been a different shade of green. I haven't noticed any difference in performance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive got the same situation. One bottle is light green and cloudy (expiration 12/27/17), while the other is dark green and clear (exp 5/30/18).

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that's night and day.
    Perhaps cloudiness on hydrO2 means they are almost expired?
    I hope you can still use it without any problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    mine has the bottles discolored grey at the ends and has big white chunks floating in a grey green simi translucent liquid. dont see how this could be normal.

Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbasan View Post
    mine has the bottles discolored grey at the ends and has big white chunks floating in a grey green simi translucent liquid. dont see how this could be normal.
    I see in your other post that you bought it off Amazon.
    1. What is the date of expiration on the bottom underside? You should see what looks like a price tag on the bottom with two dates...
    2. Have you tried contacting the seller?
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend

Post Thanks / Like
    Product appears to be in date. I did email amazon seller. Just can’t beleive this is normal

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw one post that says this is normal but from lookin at he amount of solids that have precipitated I can’t believe that the solution is anything but swamp colored water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast